Cycling is one of the few physical activities which can be undertaken by majority of people as part of a daily routine.
Here are some of the benefit of cycling:
- Cycling is mainly an aerobic activity. This is beneficial to the lungs which expand to push as much oxygen into the body as possible.
- The heart which beats faster to transport this oxygen around your body. A strong heart and powerful lungs form the basis of general fitness.
- According to the expertise, cycling at least 32 Km per week reduces the risk of coronary heart disease to less than half that for non-cyclist. Cycling at gentle 19-20 Km/h on a flat road uses 450 Kcal per hour.
- It is also claimed that cycling raises the speed of your metabolism for hours afterward, so your body continues to burn calories even after cycling.
- With Cycling leg strength also improved. This is more important than it seems because leg strength improves other mobility by allowing people to get out of chairs more easily, and helps older people especially avoid falls and the broken bones or other injuries associated with them. Include reducing serious injuries caused by fall in older people, osteoporosis, and hip fracture.
- Cycling also releases what are known as endorphins into your blood. These are create a feeling of contentment and happiness, therefore helping to reduce stress and make you feel younger. Naturally, if you ride your bike in pleasant surroundings, your contentment level will be even greater.
There are so many benefits we have from cycling. That's why from this article I suggest to you to start cycling. And if you've already started, just keep cycling and make a community in your surrounding area.
Quote from: www.cobr.co.uk